Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Zenni Optical... More Thoughts...

There are a few things that I did not mention about getting any eyeglasses via online or mail order.  If you have a straight forward prescription then you will have no problems with getting good quality glasses from any number of vendors. 

Mine was pretty straight forward.  I needed bifocals and I have a slight astigmatism in my left eye.  I knew my pupillary distance (the distance between the pupils.)  For the record I ordered a PD of 60 even though my centered PD was 30 and 30.5.  Not quite equal but within the range necessary so not to worry about causing issues with vision.

I also cheated and got an idea of what would fit in terms of frames.  This means going to a local business and trying on frames to get an idea of what would fit and what would not.  Then taking those numbers and finding a corresponding size on Zenni. 

However, if I were to have a prescription that necessitated something outside the ordinary then I would not hesitate to avoid mail order or internet ordered glasses.  Spending money on good glasses will prevent problems in the future.  I happen to be in the situation where I can get quality at a very good price.

Yes it is not local but local is too expensive right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment